Wrinkles and fine lines can contribute to an aged or tired appearance. These lines and wrinkles are largely caused by the repetition of various facial muscle movements. Many people in Jackson and Ann Arbor, Michigan, have heard about BOTOX® treatments, and how they can help improve the appearance of an aging face. For women and men looking to refresh and rejuvenate their appearance, BOTOX may refresh the face for a more youthful appearance.
If you would like to learn more about BOTOX treatments performed by board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Pramit Malhotra, request a complimentary consultation or call our Jackson office at (517) 789-9800 or our Ann Arbor office at (734) 913-5100. Dr. Malhotra is committed to "beauty revealed," seeing his patients for who they are and who they can be.
Meet Dr. Malhotra
Dr. Malhotra is board certified in plastic surgery and otolaryngology, and performs both surgical and non-surgical treatments.
BOTOX may improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles throughout the top portion of the face, including:
- Wrinkles between the eyebrows
- Forehead wrinkles
- Crow's feet
- Wrinkles on the upper lip
- Many providers offer BOTOX, but not everyone does it well. BOTOX can be a simple procedure, but outstanding results require precision and skill to avoid an unnatural look.
- Often your first injection will require more BOTOX than repeat injections. As Dr. Malhotra gets to know his patients, he frequently uses a little less BOTOX for subsequent injections.
- Ask about the BOTOX brow lift. BOTOX, when injected skillfully, can lift the tail of your eyebrow a few millimeters.
- BOTOX can be used for excessive sweat in the underarms or hands. Some insurance policies may cover a portion of this procedure.
- Ask about Dysport™, the BOTOX competitor. This is a bit less expensive and often better for the forehead.
Candidates for BOTOX understand that it is not a permanent procedure, and they may have to return for repeated treatments to achieve their desired result. Also, they understand that it is a non-surgical treatment, therefore they have realistic expectations of what BOTOX can actually do for them.
BOTOX is injected after a numbing cream is used on the skin. A special, ultra-thin needle is used to reduce any discomfort. Most patients are surprised, finding the procedure easier than they initially thought. The effects of BOTOX will last approximately 3 months. As people get BOTOX more frequently, the interval of injections can often be 4 to 6 months.
This is a simple 15 minute procedure in the office. The only restriction after an injection is that you do not vigorously massage the area for 48 hours. Washing your face and make up application are possible right after the procedure. This procedure is fast and easy, and many patients receive BOTOX on their lunch hour.