Breast Lift in Ann Arbor, Michigan
If you're like many women, you feel that gravity is working against you. Due to aging, pregnancy, breast feeding, or significant weight loss, your breasts may lose volume and sag. Plastic Surgeon Dr. Pramit Malhotra performs breast lift, or mastopexy, to help Michigan women reshape and elevate existing breast tissue. Women often choose breast lift in Jackson and Ann Arbor, Michigan, to restore their youthful chest contours and give their breasts a youthful, perkier appearance.
If you would like to learn more about a breast lift in Michigan performed by board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Pramit Malhotra, request a complimentary consultation, or call our Jackson office at (517) 789-9800 or our Ann Arbor office at (734) 913-5100. Dr. Malhotra is committed to "beauty revealed," seeing his patients for who they are and who they can be.
Selecting Your Surgeon
- Your surgeon should offer vertical breast-lifting techniques. Some patients might not be candidates, but typically greater than 90% of our patients can eliminate the older anchor-type incisions.
- Most patients can have an implant and breast lift together; however, if your surgeon is concerned about blood supply, he or she may suggest a two-stage procedure. Many of our patients feel frustrated because they receive conflicting information from different surgeons regarding this issue.
- An implant alone can lift the breasts significantly, or minimize how large or how many other breast incisions you would need.
- Dr. Malhotra fills the breast tissue with long-acting anesthetic before surgery is performed. This takes extra time, but in our experience, it can dramatically reduce the need for pain medication following breast lift surgery at our Michigan practice.
- Talk to your surgeon about potential changes in nipple sensation. We use a double pedicle technique so the breast tissue has better blood and nerve supply, preserving greater nipple sensation.
Meet Dr. Malhotra
Dr. Malhotra is board certified in plastic surgery and otolaryngology, and performs both surgical and non-surgical treatments.
A breast lift, technically called mastopexy, in our Michigan practice may significantly increase your self-image and self-confidence. Common benefits of this procedure include the following:
- Elevate sagging breasts
- Raise and reduce the size of the nipples/areolas
- Tighten breasts that have lost volume
- Make asymmetrical breasts symmetrical
Insider Tips About Breast Lift: Cost, Techniques, and Options
- Ask about vertical breast-lifting techniques. This type of lift does not use the incision in the breast fold, which often can be visible.
- Many women combine breast lift with breast augmentation in Michigan. The easiest way to determine whether you also need an implant is to ask yourself whether you are satisfied with your breast volume in a good push-up bra. If so, a breast lift may be sufficient to reshape your breasts. Talk to your surgeon about breast lift cost, which may be reduced if combined with another procedure.
- Dual-plane breast augmentation can lift your breasts a few centimeters, avoiding breast lift scars.
- For an improved appearance to your breast, ask about liposuction on the tail of the breast that falls back into the armpit area.
- Talk to your surgeon about nipple size. Newer techniques involve using a GORE-TEX® Suture to set nipple size.
Best Candidates for Breast Lift in Michigan
The best candidates for a breast lift include women from Michigan or else where who have good skin elasticity and would like to reshape and elevate existing breast tissue. Women who are most satisfied following their breast lift have viewed before and after photos, attended their consultation fully prepared with questions, and formed realistic expectations and goals about the procedure. Women who are planning on becoming pregnant or losing a significant amount of weight should wait to have the procedure, due to the changes that can occur to the breasts.
For many of our breast lift patients in Michigan, Dr. Malhotra creates an incision around the nipple, and sometimes from the nipple to the breast fold as well. This is often called a "lollipop" incision. He typically does not need to use an incision under the breast fold and can achieve satisfying results with the vertical technique alone.
A breast lift at our Michigan practice can be combined with a breast augmentation to create fuller looking breasts. If you choose to do this, Dr. Malhotra places your silicone implant over or under the muscle, depending on your needs, which lifts the breasts considerably.
Time off from work varies from 5 to 9 days depending on the extent of the procedure. Once the bandages are removed, patients will need to wear a specialized surgical bra for several weeks. Women who combine this procedure with another body contouring surgery such as a tummy tuck may require additional downtime. Breast lift before and after care as well as cost will be fully explained during your consultation with Dr. Malhotra.
If you're ready to learn more about breast lift in Michigan performed by board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Pramit Malhotra, request a complimentary consultation, or call our Jackson office at (517) 789-9800 or our Ann Arbor office at (734) 913-5100.