CoolSculpting™ by ZELTIQ™
Developing and following a healthy exercise program and balanced diet can benefit your body in many ways. For some people, however, even the most rigorous fitness and diet plans can't eliminate those unwanted fat deposits. For many men and women in Ann Arbor and Jackson, Michigan, body contouring procedures such as CoolSculpting™ by ZELTIQ™ can eliminate those frustrating areas of fat.
CoolSculpting offers an innovative, non-surgical body contouring treatment that uses controlled cooling to reduce fat deposits. FDA approved for non-invasive fat layer reduction of the flanks and love handles, it involves no surgery, incisions, or downtime.
To learn more about CoolSculpting in Ann Arbor and Jackson, Michigan, performed by board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Pramit Malhotra, request a complimentary consultation or call our Jackson office at (517) 789-9800 or our Ann Arbor office at (734) 913-5100. Dr. Malhotra is committed to "beauty revealed," seeing his patients for who they are and who they can be.
Truth behind Controversial Fat-burning procedures
Before & After Photos
Procedure by Ivan A. Rosales-Berber, MD
Selecting Your Surgeon
- CoolSculpting is, in the truest sense, sculpting of the body. Unlike body contouring methods that involve surgery, CoolSculpting provides a way to reduce fat without an incision. Some surgeons view this technique as a way to perform many procedures quickly. To achieve the best benefits, choose a surgeon who is skilled in designing individual treatment plans that result in the natural-looking, toned body that you want. Meeting with the surgeon and viewing the before and after photos on the Web site can help you make the right decision.
- If you have other cosmetic goals, you may want to consider talking with your surgeon about combining CoolSculpting with another body contouring procedure. If you are considering a surgical option, make sure that the physician you are considering is a board-certified plastic surgeon with privileges at a hospital to perform that procedure.
- Choose a surgeon who can help you understand what is possible and the expected outcome. By giving you realistic expectations, your surgeon can then guide you as to other possible procedures you might want to consider, such as breast augmentation in Jackson or Ann Arbor, Michigan. While CoolSculpting targets the flanks and love handles, it cannot tone or remove excess fat from facial areas such as the neck. As a result, if you are concerned about the way in which excess fat or skin around your neck and under your chin make you look older and heavier, you may want to ask your surgeon about a neck lift.
CoolSculpting can be performed on several different parts of your body to contour and eliminate fat deposits, including:
- Love handles
- Bulges known as a "muffin top" or "bra bulge" on women
Many CoolSculpting patients have commented that their toned bodies and reduction in fat have caused their clothes to fit more smoothly. They feel more positive about their appearance. In some cases, combining CoolSculpting with a tummy tuck in Jackson and Ann Arbor, Michigan, fulfilled their cosmetic goals.
- Choose a plastic surgeon who offers all types of fat deposit removal, including CoolSculpting, liposuction, and tummy tucks. That will help you to make sure that the doctor recommends the best treatment for your body type, rather than just the machine or procedure that the physician or medical spa uses.
- Most patients do not experience any pain after the procedure and can even exercise that day. You may experience mild redness or bruising, but these effects should vanish within a few days.
- This treatment is ideal for individuals who are already fit but want a non-invasive way, without time off from work and exercise, to reduce some stubborn areas of fat.
- CoolSculpting and liposuction are the only 2 techniques that actually result in the permanent loss of fat cells.
- For upper and lower abdomen treatments, choose a 2-hour session with the applicator placed vertically. That length of time and applicator position will focus the cooling process in the most prominent area of fat deposits.
Meet Dr. Malhotra
Dr. Malhotra is board certified in plastic surgery and otolaryngology, and performs both surgical and non-surgical treatments.
Candidates for CoolSculpting understand that this body contouring procedure is not a substitute for proper diet and exercise. Men and women already at or near their ideal body weight may see optimal results from a CoolSculpting procedure.
During the CoolSculpting procedure, your doctor will use controlled delivery of cooling in a process called Cryolipolysis™ to gently and effectively reduce fat cells. The cooling device is pressed against the treatment area, specifically targeting fat cells. After the tissue has been precisely cooled for a certain period of time, the targeted fat cells begin to break down.
No anesthesia or pain medication is required, and the damaged fat cells are removed through your body's natural cleansing process. The result: gradual fat reduction is achieved. Three weeks after your first treatment, the toned, slimmer benefits become apparent. You will enjoy your final enhanced outcome within 2 months.
Dr. Malhotra will review all your options for liposuction in Ann Arbor or Jackson, Michigan, with you during your consultation.
Because this treatment does not involve anesthesia or incisions, there is no required recovery period. In 3 days, as the fat cells begin to respond, some patients experience mild soreness. You can get back to your regular routine soon after the procedure, even if that means engaging in strenuous exercise.