Liposuction in Ann Arbor, Michigan
If regular exercise and a sensible diet aren't enough to get rid of stubborn fat deposits on your body, maybe it's time to consider liposuction. Michigan women and men turn to this procedure to contour and improve the appearance of their body, eliminating stubborn fat deposits that are often caused by genetic factors. Board-certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Pramit Malhotra of Ann Arbor Plastic Surgery is a Michigan liposuction specialist who can help you safely achieve positive results.
To find out if liposuction is right for you, request a complimentary consultation with Dr. Pramit Malhotra, or call our Jackson office at (517) 789-9800 or our Ann Arbor office at (734) 913-5100. Dr. Malhotra is committed to "beauty revealed," seeing his patients for who they are and who they can be.
Selecting Your Michigan Liposuction Surgeon
- Liposuction is actually three-dimensional body sculpting. It is easy to remove too much fat in one place and not enough in another. Many surgeons perform this procedure very quickly, which is why results vary greatly between surgeons. Choose a surgeon that seems to have a keen aesthetic sense, which is often apparent as soon as you walk in the office or meet the surgeon.
- A huge proportion of laser liposuction providers in Michigan and elsewhere are not plastic surgeons, or even surgeons. General practitioners can easily purchase the needed equipment and begin to perform procedures within 3 days of training. This seems unbelievable, but once physicians acquire their state license, they can perform any type of procedure they want in their clinic.
- Hospitals will only give privileges to perform liposuction in Michigan to physicians who have had proper training, so make sure you find a practitioner who has privileges to perform this procedure at a hospital.
- Your surgeon should provide realistic expectations of what is possible and the expected outcome.
Meet Dr. Malhotra
Dr. Malhotra is board certified in plastic surgery and otolaryngology, and performs both surgical and non-surgical treatments.
Liposuction in our Michigan practice may significantly increase your self-image and self-confidence. It can be performed on many body parts to contour and eliminate fat deposits:
- Chin and neck
- Upper arms
- Stomach and love handles
- Outer and inner thighs
Following this procedure, many patients report that their clothes fit better and they are happier with their appearance. To give you the customized results you want, we can combine your procedure with others like tummy tuck, breast lift, face lift, or breast augmentation.
- Your surgeon should discuss all alternatives, including powered liposuction, ultrasound- or laser-assisted liposuction, and alternatives such as CoolSculpting®. Liposuction cost differs among Michigan providers, so make sure you fully understand all of your options.
- Typically less is less. Make sure your provider can provide many alternatives before he or she offers you a small procedure - possibly the only one they perform.
- For the abdomen, different goals can be accomplished with a tummy tuck and liposuction. As a rule, excess skin that hangs has to be surgically removed through an abdominoplasty.
- Ask your provider to place your incisions asymmetrically so people don't see small scars in a line around your waist when you are at the beach.
- Liposuction cost can vary significantly in Michigan, but don't let that be the sole factor in your decision.
Patients who see the best outcomes for this procedure are in good general health and close to their ideal body weight. In addition, they do not anticipate gaining or losing large amounts of weight, and they understand that the procedure is not a substitute for proper diet and exercise.
The standard procedure for liposuction at our Michigan practice involves creating a small incision in the treatment area, inserting a tube or "cannula" through the incision, and using the cannula to suction out the fatty tissue beneath the skin. We often perform power liposuction, where a small motor is attached to the cannula to remove more fat with less disturbance than a traditional procedure.
New techniques allow for faster recovery from liposuction procedures. For our Michigan patients, recovery time will vary based on several factors. You may require 2 to 7 days off from work, and you will need to wear a support garment following the procedure.
During your consultation, Dr. Malhotra will thoroughly discuss all liposuction details, including cost, procedure, and aftercare. Michigan patients can trust Dr. Malhotra to safely and effectively remove their unwanted bulges and improve their body contours.
Why not schedule your appointment for liposuction with Michigan plastic surgeon Dr. Pramit Malhotra today? Request your complimentary consultation online, or call our Jackson office at (517) 789-9800 or our Ann Arbor office at (734) 913-5100.