There are several factors that contribute to facial aging and skin laxity, including gravity, the natural aging process, genetics, sun damage, and smoking. And in today's society, looking younger is more important than ever, which is why there are now several ways to achieve a more youthful and rejuvenated appearance. A mini-facelift in Jackson or Ann Arbor, Michigan, may reduce wrinkles and sagging skin, without the extensiveness of a traditional facelift.
If you would like to learn more about a mini-facelift procedure performed by board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Pramit Malhotra, request a complimentary consultation, or call our Jackson office at (517) 789-9800 or our Ann Arbor office at (734) 913-5100. Dr. Malhotra is committed to "beauty revealed," seeing his patients for who they are and who they can be.
Meet Dr. Malhotra
Dr. Malhotra is board certified in plastic surgery and otolaryngology, and performs both surgical and non-surgical treatments.
Many patients from Ann Arbor and Jackson, Michigan, considering a mini-facelift note that the benefits may include:
- Tightened skin
- Removal of excess fat
- Improvement of lines and wrinkles
- Hidden, shorter incisions
- Less invasive than other facelift methods
- Enhanced cheeks, jowls, and neck
- Sharper and more defined jaw line
- A more youthful appearance
This facelift method is less invasive than traditional face lift techniques, and therefore you will not have an "operated on" appearance.
- The definition of a mini-facelift varies considerably between surgeons. Find out what areas will or won't be addressed.
- Our mini-facelift is a short incision facelift where we enhance the cheek area, jowls, and address the midline neck.
- Recovery is quick. You'll be back at work and other activities soon, showing off a refreshed appearance.
- Your surgeon should discuss both a mini and a full facelift with you so you can see what your goals are, and what fits your budget.
Candidates in Michigan for a mini face lift include those with jowls, those bothered by their jaw line, people concerned about loose neck skin, and individuals bothered by sagging in their cheek area. Those who require more extensive fat removal, such as liposuction in Michigan, are better candidates for a traditional facelift.
A mini-facelift is performed by removing the excess skin and fat, and facial muscles are tightened. The skin is re-draped, and is repositioned to provide a tighter appearance. Because this procedure is a "mini" facelift, it is less invasive, and requires fewer incisions than other facelift methods.
Sutures are typically removed 6 to 8 days after surgery. Our self-employed patients are often doing paperwork and phone calls within 48 to 72 hours – you'll need a few more days to be ready to return to an office environment.