CoolSculpting™ by ZELTIQ™ is one of Michigan’s most revolutionary new methods for reducing fat in common trouble areas, including the belly, back, arms, legs, and love handles. This non-invasive procedure works by using cryolipolysis, to target, cool, and eliminate fat cells without damaging the surrounding tissues. CoolSculpting™ has no downtime, and it gives Michigan patients a safe alternative for eliminating fat. Plastic surgeon Dr. Pramit Malhotra has the experience and training to perform CoolSculpting™ at Ann Arbor Plastic Surgery, which has offices in Ann Arbor and Jackson, Michigan.
Developing and following a healthy exercise program and balanced diet can benefit your body in many ways. For some people, however, even the most rigorous fitness and diet plans can’t eliminate unwanted fat deposits. Luckily, body-contouring procedures such as CoolSculpting™ by ZELTIQ™ give Michigan men and women a cost-effective option for virtually eliminating frustrating areas of fat. FDA-approved for non-invasive fat layer reduction of the flanks and love handles, it involves no surgery, incisions, or downtime.
To learn more about CoolSculpting™ in Ann Arbor and Jackson, Michigan, contact board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Pramit Malhotra today. Request a consultation, or call our Jackson office at (517) 789-9800 or our Ann Arbor office at (734) 913-5100. Our team is committed to “beauty revealed,” seeing his patients for who they are and who they can be.
Truth behind Controversial Fat-burning procedures
*Patient results may vary.
*Patient results may vary.
Selecting Your Plastic Surgeon for CoolSculpting™ in Michigan
- CoolSculpting™ is, in the truest sense, sculpting of the body. Unlike body contouring methods that involve surgery, it provides a way to reduce fat without an incision.
- Some surgeons view this technique as a way to perform many procedures quickly. To achieve the best benefits, choose a surgeon who is skilled in designing individual treatment plans that result in the natural-looking, toned body that you want. Meeting with the surgeon and viewing CoolSculpting™ before and after photos on his or her website can help you make the right decision.
- If you have other cosmetic goals, you may want to consider talking with your surgeon about combining CoolSculpting™ with another body-contouring procedure. If you are contemplating surgery, make sure the physician you are considering is a board-certified plastic surgeon with privileges at a hospital to perform that procedure.
- Choose a surgeon who can help you understand what is possible and the expected outcome. By giving you realistic expectations, your surgeon can then guide you as to other possible procedures you might want to consider, such as breast augmentation.
- While CoolSculpting™ targets the flanks and love handles, it cannot tone or remove excess fat from facial areas such as the neck. If you are concerned that excess fat or skin around your neck and under your chin make you look older and heavier, you may want to ask your plastic surgeon about a neck lift.
Benefits of CoolSculpting™
CoolSculpting™ by ZELTIQ™ in our Michigan practice may significantly increase your self-image and self-confidence. It can be performed on several different parts of your body to contour and eliminate fat deposits, including:
- Love handles
- Bulges such as the “muffin top” or “bra bulge” on women
- Upper arms
Following this procedure, many of our CoolSculpting™ patients in Michigan report that their clothing fits better, and they are happier with their appearance. In some cases, combining CoolSculpting™ with a tummy tuck is the key to fulfilling a patient’s cosmetic goals. Dr. Malhotra is happy to show photos of his patient’s CoolSculpting™ before and after photos so you can see its real benefits.
Insider Tips on CoolSculpting™: Cost, Recovery, and Options
- Choose a plastic surgeon who offers all types of fat removal, including CoolSculpting™, liposuction, and tummy tuck. That will help ensure that the doctor recommends the best treatment for your needs and your body type, rather than the treatment based on the machine the physician or medical spa uses.
- Ask your plastic surgeon about what CoolSculpting™ will cost, but remember that price alone should not determine who performs your procedure. Be sure to view a sample of CoolSculpting™ before and after photos, and select a plastic surgeon with experience and a reputation for performing quality work.
- Most patients do not experience any pain after the procedure and can even exercise that day. You may experience mild redness or bruising, but these effects should vanish within a few days.
- This treatment is ideal for individuals who are already fit but want a non-invasive option to reduce some stubborn areas of fat, without taking time off from work and exercise.
- CoolSculpting™ and liposuction are the only 2 techniques that actually result in the loss of fat cells.
- For the upper and lower abdomen, choose a 2-hour session with the applicator placed vertically. That length of time and applicator position will focus the cooling process in the most prominent area of fat deposits.
Watch Dr. Malhotra Discuss CoolSculpting™
The best candidates for CoolSculpting™ in our Michigan practice understand that this body-contouring procedure is not a substitute for proper diet and exercise. Men and women already at or near their ideal body weight see optimal results from this procedure.
The standard procedure for CoolSculpting™ at our Michigan practice is very simple. It involves the controlled delivery of cooling in a process called cryolipolysis to gently and effectively reduce fat cells. The cooling device is pressed against the treatment area, specifically targeting fat cells. After the tissue has been precisely cooled for a specific period of time, the targeted fat cells begin to break down.
No anesthesia or pain medication is required, and the damaged fat cells are removed through your body’s natural cleansing process. The result is gradual fat reduction. Three weeks after your first treatment, the toned, slimmer benefits become apparent. You will enjoy your final enhanced outcome within 2 months.
Because this treatment does not involve anesthesia or incisions, there is no required recovery period. In 3 days, as the fat cells begin to respond, some patients experience mild soreness. You can get back to your regular routine soon after the procedure, even if that means engaging in strenuous exercise.
Ann Arbor Plastic Surgery is committed to staying at the forefront of technological innovations, since constant advances in the field create new opportunities for patients to get the tailored look they desire.
Knowing this, Dr. Pramit Malhotra has introduced to the practice two new applicators that work with the CoolSculpting® system to precisely target specific areas of the body.
While CoolSculpting® reduces fat in a wide variety of regions, the CoolMini™ applicator is designed to address smaller bulges, particularly those that create the appearance of a double chin. The CoolMini™ can reduce this submental fat by an average of 20 percent per treatment session.
CoolSmooth Pro™ is ideal for the outer thighs, where fat is “non-pinchable.” This flat CoolSculpting® applicator boasts features that enhance patient comfort and was developed with the idea that lower temperatures can reduce treatment times while maintaining patient safety and delivering satisfying results. This non-vacuum, surface-based applicator allows each treatment area to be completed in approximately 75 minutes.