Learn More About the Different Applicators Available
When it comes to CoolSculpting®, Michigan’s Ann Arbor Plastic Surgery offers a variety of options for patients looking to reduce unwanted fat without surgery. You may have read about the noninvasive treatment elsewhere, and might be familiar with the way it works: lowering the temperature of fat cells causes them to die off and be naturally eliminated by the body. The process is safe and effective, yielding natural-looking results when handled by an experienced and trained medical professional.
Dr. Pramit Malhotra educates his patients about the benefits of CoolSculpting® in general, as well as about the area-specific applicators that target unique pockets of stubborn fat.
The CoolSculpting® Applicators
You probably realize that fat sits differently on different people. One person may find that it collects at the abdomen, while another can’t seem to get rid of a double chin. Even hard-fought efforts to reduce the overall amount of fat in the body can leave specific areas seemingly untouched, and what works for one dieter may not work for another.
If you have fat you can pinch, you have fat that can be reduced. During a treatment session, the device gently pulls love handles, belly fat, or other bulges into an applicator cup via vacuum pressure. The applicator then cools the targeted tissue sitting between its cooling panels, using sensitive and sophisticated technology to ensure even results.
Given the wide variety of body types, shapes, and ultimate slim-down goals, Ann Arbor Plastic Surgery features multiple options for patients seeking to lose unwanted fat.
- CoolCore™: This is the most commonly used applicator, so it earns its name two times over: It’s the core of the CoolSculpting® line, and it’s used to treat aspects of the central core of the body where abdominal fat gathers.
- CoolMax™: Designed for large areas, CoolMax™ is good for overall abdominal fat reduction.
- CoolCurve+™: Love handles and muffin tops have a round shape, so an applicator designed to handle curves works best for treating them.
- CoolMini™: As the “mini” in the name implies, this CoolSculpting® applicator focuses on small areas. Patients can achieve results in as few as one or two treatments. Like its larger counterparts, it uses vacuum pressure to pull the targeted tissue into place for treatment. While it can be used in a variety of areas, it is particularly suited for the neck regions, where submental fat can result in a double chin.
- CoolFit™: When it comes to fat removal, the inner thigh is a long, straight stretch different from many other regions of the body. The CoolFit™ is shaped specifically to work with fat in this area and others like it.
- CoolSmooth PRO™: Unlike the other CoolSculpting® options, this applicator glides over the areas to be treated. This makes it ideal for parts of the body that hold excess fat that you can’t easily pinch between two fingers. Typically, patients unhappy with the look of their outer thighs choose this option. CoolSculpting® manufacturer Zeltiq reports that an estimated 7.2 million people want to reduce fat on that specific part of their body.
While there are several CoolSculpting® applicators to choose from, there are even more options beyond CoolSculpting® for patients who are dealing with unwanted bulges.
For patients who have a larger amount of problem fat, liposuction may be the recommended choice. If you lose weight but still have loose skin giving your abdomen a flabby appearance, a tummy tuck can eliminate the excess tissue.
Dr. Malhotra and the team at Ann Arbor Plastic surgery can recommend the ideal treatment to deliver the results that will best work for your body.