For many men, overdeveloped male breast tissue, called gynecomastia, can cause extreme embarrassment, and it certainly doesn’t help when famous comedians make “man boobs” the focus of their comedy sketches. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Pramit Malhotra offers male breast reduction for Michigan men who want to eliminate their visible breast tissue—and get rid of their man boobs.
The causes of gynecomastia vary from hormonal fluctuations to environmental changes. Gynecomastia is a common complaint, even for men who have a normal body weight or have tried to remedy the condition with regular exercise and diet. Men who want to take additional steps to minimize their overdeveloped breast tissue have two options: wear a male bra or have male breast reduction surgery.
Michigan plastic surgeon Dr. Malhotra has been performing male breast reduction surgery in Michigan for many years. In addition to his experience and skill, he understands the courage required to schedule an appointment and the vulnerability experienced during an examination. As a result, he treats his patients with compassion and sensitivity, thoroughly explaining the treatment options and maintaining complete confidence.
If you are considering male breast reduction gynecomastia surgery, visit our Michigan office today! Schedule your consultation online, or call our Jackson office at (517) 789-9800 or our Ann Arbor office at (734) 913-5100. Our team is committed to helping men and women who want to feel comfortable in their own skin.
Benefits of Male Breast Reduction
Men with excess fat and breast tissue on their chests can benefit from male breast reduction. In our Michigan practice, this procedure can create a more masculine chest contour by removing fat tissue and any excess skin to create a firmer, flatter appearance. Men who elect to have gynecomastia surgery with Michigan plastic surgeon Dr. Malhotra typically report feeling improved self-confidence because they are no longer embarrassed about showing their chest.
Insider Tips for Male Breast Reduction in Michigan
Here are some insider tips about male breast reduction from Michigan plastic surgeon and gynecomastia specialist Dr. Malhotra:
- A combination of tissue removal with liposuction is often necessary. Liposuction alone can be used in rare cases.
- The fibrous tissue underneath the nipple will not typically go away with weight loss. This means that even if you exercise regularly and follow a healthy diet, the feminized chest appearance can remain.
- Most men experience some form of this condition during their lives. Even athletes and body builders can suffer from gynecomastia.
- Male breast reduction surgery typically leads to a loss of nipple sensation, which most Michigan men find to be an acceptable compromise.
- This procedure doesn’t build muscle, but it can accentuate your existing muscles. The key to a pleasing result is to accentuate the natural pectoral muscle.
Candidates for Gynecomastia Surgery in Michigan
Patients considering male breast reduction usually fall into one of the following categories:
- Young men who have developed breast tissue after puberty and feel uncomfortable not wearing a shirt to cover their chest
- Fitness-conscious men who are in very good shape but have extra chest tissue that is visible in tighter t-shirts or clothing
- Men who have lost considerable weight and have extra skin and fat that needs to be surgically excised
Talking with a qualified surgeon like Dr. Malhotra will help you determine whether or not you are a candidate for male breast reduction.
Male Breast Reduction Procedure
Male breast reduction gynecomastia surgery in our Michigan office involves creating a half-moon incision in the area where the pigmented nipple (areola) meets normal skin. The fibrous tissue underneath the nipple, which can be felt as a firm mass, is completely removed. The liposuction cannula (tube) is then inserted to sculpt the chest wall. Tissue can be strategically left to enhance the shape of the pectoralis (chest) muscle below.
After your male breast reduction in our Michigan office, you will have a wrap placed around your chest to apply pressure. Patients typically take 4 to 9 days off of work to recover from this procedure, depending on their occupation. Dr. Malhotra does not use a separate incision for a drainage tube, allowing most patients to recover faster.
If you’re ready to get rid of your man boobs, why not schedule a confidential consultation with Dr. Malhotra to discuss male breast reduction gynecomastia surgery today? In Michigan, call our Jackson office at (517) 789-9800 or our Ann Arbor office at (734) 913-5100. Dr. Malhotra is committed to helping men and women who want to feel comfortable in their own skin.