Despite overall good health and practical exercise habits, some people may still be left with localized fat deposits that create disproportionate contours. However, liposuction can address these small fat deposits to create the figure you’re working for, but what’s the difference between liposuction and high-definition liposuction? Which one will most benefit you?
During your private consultation, the renowned plastic surgeons at Ann Arbor Plastic Surgery will be happy to answer your questions about liposuction and high-definition liposuction and help you determine which procedure will help you achieve your aesthetic goals. But until then, here is some information about these two exceptional body contouring treatments.
What is Liposuction?
Liposuction is a body contouring procedure that aims to eliminate unwanted fat to slim and shape specific areas of the body. Removing excess fat deposits can improve your body’s overall contours and proportions. While all liposuction procedures remove fat, often moderate quantities of fat are left behind in order to create natural-looking contours.
Traditionally, liposuction can be used to treat excess fat in many areas of the body, including:
- Chin and Neck
- Upper arms
- Other exercise-resistant areas
Liposuction only removes fat; it does not address other concerns such as loose, extra skin. For those patients who have a lot of loose skin, you may need a procedure that provides skin excision and fat removal, such as a tummy tuck with liposuction.
What is High-Definition Liposuction?
High-definition liposuction, also called high-def lipo, HD liposuction, or even 4D high-definition liposuction, is a newer iteration of liposuction that’s been designed to achieve highly precise body contouring results. Like traditional liposuction, high-def lipo also removes unwanted fat, but it is aimed toward patients who are very close to their ideal weight. The goal of high-def lipo is to create the most sculpted and toned appearance possible. HD lipo in Ann Arbor can treat the same areas of the body as traditional liposuction, and often with better results.
During your HD lipo procedure, fat cells are destroyed and flushed out of your system. Patients who experience high-definition liposuction can expect dramatic results and a sculpted appearance far superior to the results they would get from diet, exercise, or other body contouring procedures.
Be sure to visit our gallery to view high-definition liposuction before and after photos.
- The biggest advantage of high-definition liposuction over traditional liposuction is the results. High-def lipo results are much more dramatic and significant than traditional liposuction results.
- The procedure is also gentler on the body than traditional liposuction as the fat is liquified before removal.
- High-def liposuction in Ann Arbor is often called 4D high-definition liposuction because it addresses the full body in a 360-degree view, improving both the tone and the definition of the overall body.
- By combining ultrasound with liposuction, you get the benefits of both treatments in one high-def procedure. Following the procedure, ultrasound can help tighten the skin, so as your contours heal, you’ll notice a gradual improvement in the skin’s appearance as well.
- In HD lipo, the excess fat is removed in a strategic manner to give muscles more definition, creating a lean, toned appearance.
Ann Arbor Plastic Surgery—Your High-Definition Liposuction Experts!
Choosing the right provider is the first step to ensuring optimal results from your hi-definition liposuction procedure. The expert board-certified plastic surgeons of Ann Arbor Plastic Surgery are here to help you through your body sculpting experience with the best high-definition liposuction in Ann Arbor.