Ann Arbor Plastic Surgery offers hyaluronic acid dermal fillers to patients for nonsurgical facial rejuvenation. Dermal fillers can reduce wrinkles, restore volume, and add fullness to the lips and hands with minimal to no downtime for recovery. We offer the full line of Restylane and Juvederm products to help patients achieve their aesthetic goals.
- Choose an injector with significant experience with dermal fillers and in-depth knowledge of anatomy and facial aesthetics.
- Ask about a “liquid facelift.”
- Inquire about the use of cannulas for filler placement to reduce discomfort, bruising, and improve safety.
- Discuss what other treatments may further enhance your appearance, such as Botox, chemical peels, or laser treatments.
*Each patient is unique and individual results may vary.
Ideal Candidates for Dermal Fillers in Michigan
The best candidates for hyaluronic acid dermal fillers in our Michigan practice include women and men looking for a non-surgical way to refresh their appearance. Those who have deep nasolabial folds or laugh lines, marionette lines, frown or vertical lip lines, under eye grooves, and loss of facial volume can benefit tremendously from treatments. Fillers can also be used on the back of the hands to restore volume and make the hands appear more youthful.
At our Michigan practice, we use hyaluronic acid dermal fillers from the Juvederm and Restylane product lines. Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance that already exists in the body. During your appointment, we will discuss your areas of concern and aesthetic goals and develop an individual treatment plan for you. The type of filler and amount used will depend on the anatomic area to be treated and extent of correction necessary, so it will vary from patient to patient. The chosen filler is injected into the skin with very fine needles or a special flexible tip cannula. A topical anesthetic may be applied to the skin before treatment.
Downtime after filler injection is minimal. Following treatment, there is a risk for bruising, swelling, and slight discomfort. Patients can use ice packs and over the counter pain medication if necessary to alleviate these symptoms. Patients can also apply Arnica Montana gel to any area of bruising to speed up the healing process. Patients should refrain from massaging or manipulating the treated areas. Makeup can be applied following treatment as needed. You may resume exercise the next day.
I just wanted to say how happy I am with the results from yesterday! I can’t even see any lines there at all now…I bruised ever so slightly and with makeup you can’t even see it.*
Why Choose Dr. Malhotra
- He is one of a select few plastic surgeons who are double board-certified in plastic surgery and otolaryngology.
- Dr. Malhotra underwent an educational path that required 11 years of training.
- He has been inducted into the American Society of Plastic Surgeons as an honorary member.
- Dr. Malhotra has been recognized by his patients as one of the top Michigan plastic surgeons, as well as receiving the Best of Ann Arbor for Four Consecutive Years for cosmetic surgery.