Before social media started to take off in the early 2000s, young adults, like their parents, were not constantly under the spotlight to always look their best. Every aspect of their lives was a lot less complicated and scrutinized by their friends, casual acquaintances, and potential employers.
But over the past two decades –largely due to the pressure of having to look good on social media and job websites – young adults are increasingly seeking cosmetic treatments and plastic surgery procedures to help them improve their appearance.
Not only have expertly delivered facial enhancements become a trend, but our younger patients are also inquiring more frequently about body contouring procedures at Ann Arbor Plastic Surgery in Michigan. Here, we explore some of the reasons why.
Fully Customizable Options
Our skilled surgeons can tailor body contouring to your unique body type and specific aesthetic goals. During your consultations, your surgeon will discuss the best procedures to accomplish your desired results.
On the one hand, these may include breast, body, face, or other surgical procedures. On the other, our fully licensed medical aestheticians can offer you a selection of non-surgical rejuvenation treatments at our medical spa facility. It all depends on your lifestyle, the extent of your cosmetic concerns, and your preferences.
Your results will look completely natural, with every procedure keeping your appearance perfectly in proportion to your body type. Our personalized, yet subtle, approach delivers results that will have your friends and family asking about why you look so great – even though you won’t be sporting a “done” look.
Popular Surgical Options for Young Adults
Young adults look to many surgical options for body contouring, and these include the following.
- Rhinoplasty: A nose that’s out of balance is one of the first features of your face others will notice
- Breast augmentation: Your breasts may have changed due to weight loss or are smaller than you would like.
- Breast reduction: You may wish to consider this procedure if your breast size prevents you from wearing the latest fashions or affects your physical activities.
- Breast lift: Restores a perky profile to your breasts after factors such as weight loss have affected their volume.
- Liposuction: Using very small incisions, your surgeon can remove fat cells from those love handles, muffin top, and other areas of your body.
- Tummy tuck: Restores a flat, tight abdomen by removing excess skin and fat and tightening the abdominal muscles.
- PowerTuck: A combination of tummy tuck and liposuction reduces downtime and recovery.
Popular Non-Surgical Options for Young Adults
To achieve a revised body outline without going under the knife, our medical spa offers many treatments.
- Chemical peels: Removes the outermost layers of skin to reveal your skin’s natural radiance.
- Liquid facelift: Non-surgical facial rejuvenation by using injectables like Botox and dermal fillers.
- CoolSculpting: Our popular non-surgical body contouring treatment that freezes and destroys fat cells.
Cosmetic improvement has been around for decades and has a time-tested process to deliver exceptional results to young adults seeking to preserve their youth in a highly competitive world.