Michigan Rhinoplasty With Dr. Malhotra
The nose is the central feature of the face, one of the first things people notice when they look at you. A balanced, beautiful nose harmonizes facial features, enhancing your presence. Rhinoplasty alters the appearance and function of the nose.
Are you ready to improve your breathing and enhance your look with rhinoplasty at Ann Arbor Plastic Surgery? Schedule a consultation with top Michigan rhinoplasty surgeon Dr. Pramit Malhotra by calling our Ann Arbor office at 734-913-5100 or our Jackson office at 517-789-9800.
Rhinoplasty: Insider Tips from the Surgeons at Ann Arbor Plastic Surgery
Some plastic surgeons refuse to offer nasal surgery at their practices due to its complexity. Dr. Malhotra calls rhinoplasty one of his specialties.
Training in otolaryngology, or head and neck surgery (ears, nose, throat = ENT), provides a surgeon with a specialized understanding of the nose and nasal passages, essential knowledge for a successful nasal surgery. In addition to board-certification in plastic surgery, Dr. Malhotra also has board-certification in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. His combination of masterful aesthetic surgery skills and a deep understanding of nasal anatomy uniquely qualifies him as one of the top rhinoplasty surgeons in Michigan.
Most of the nasal procedures we perform are reduction rhinoplasties. Smaller nose = a lowered ability to move air. It is essential that your surgeon maximize your breathing by establishing an open, even airway. Dr. Malhotra uses a nasal speculum during his procedures for visualization.
Many medical insurance policies offer coverage for rhinoplasty relating to breathing issues. A portion of your procedure may be covered. Although we don’t deal directly with insurance, our office can assist you with the insurances submission process.
It can take 6-12 months for full resolution of nasal swelling and you won’t see the subtleties of your final result until then.
The Benefits of Rhinoplasty
Many people view cosmetic surgery as cosmetic only, but many of the procedures we offer provide patients with medical benefits too. Rhinoplasty can dramatically improve quality of life by opening the airway to maximize breathing. Better breathing can alleviate, nasal congestion. Patients enjoy an improved aesthetic appearance, and often medical benefits too. Dr. Malhotra performs rhinoplasty surgery on both men and women in Michigan.
This procedure is commonly included in facial feminization and masculinization procedures, as the typical appearance of male and female noses vary significantly.
Top benefits of cosmetic nasal surgery in Jackson and Ann Arbor, Michigan include:
- Easier breathing
- Balanced facial appearance
- Improved nose size
- Enhanced nasal tip
- Improved facial profile
- Straightening your nose
- Better selfies
Schedule A Consultation
Our Michigan plastic surgery specialists understand that the difference is in the details when it comes to achieving your desired results. Visit Dr. Malhotra and Dr. Ballard at our Ann Arbor or Jackson locations to learn more.
Open vs. Closed Rhinoplasty
There are two different techniques used for rhinoplasty surgery: open and closed. In an open procedure, a small incision is created across the columella, the tissue strip that divides the nostrils. In a closed procedure, all incisions are placed within the nose. Dr. Malhotra uses both techniques but generally opts for an open technique as it allows for precise, millimeter adjustments to nasal shape and a much more refined result.
- Open rhinoplasty provides your surgeon with better visualization of the internal structures within the nose.
- Scarring is minimal after an open procedure, with a singular small incision across the columella. This incision is visible during healing, but once the scar matures, practically imperceptible. There is no visible incision after a closed procedure.
- Better symmetry and more refined results can be achieved with an open procedure.
- Swelling is significantly lower after a closed procedure.
Whatever option Dr. Malhotra recommends, rest assured that he’ll create beautiful results for you. He is one of the top nasal surgeons in the state and is highly skilled at performing open and closed rhinoplasty procedures. He often performs a rhinoplasty everyday he is in the operating room.
See Dr. Malhotra’s beautiful cosmetic nasal surgery results by browsing our before and after gallery.
Tools and Techniques
To achieve his signature nasal surgery results, Dr. Malhotra uses specialized tools and advanced surgical techniques that include:
Powered Rasp or Sander
These tools create a smoother edge, dramatically enhancing the appearance of the final result.
Supra Tip Suture
This advanced suturing technique creates a female nasal tip that is highly refined with just the right amount of “cute”. It helps create the much desired supra tip break.
YOUR BEAUTY REVEALED
Let our before and after gallery show you the expertise of Michigan’s plastic surgery specialists Dr. Pramit Malhotra and Dr. Tiffany Ballard. Place your trust in the skilled hands of our board-certified surgeons who understand that the difference is in the details.
African American and Ethnic Rhinoplasty
Trust a Specialist
The basics of rhinoplasty are shared across all nasal surgeries, but some ethnicities may pose unique challenges during plastic surgery. Choose a plastic surgeon that has performed many procedures on patients of all ethnicities.
Dr. Malhotra specializes in ethnic rhinoplasty, including African American rhinoplasty.
- Darker skin shows scarring more readily. Dr. Malhotra compensates for this with careful scar placement, either inside of the nostrils or along the creases at the side of the nostrils.
- African American patients often have a delicate nasal framework that needs careful attention to ensure that breathing function remains after surgery.
- African American patients may have thicker nasal skin. This skin hides the details created during a cosmetic nasal procedure. To compensate for additional skin thickness, Dr. Malhotra creates sharper, more pronounced angles in the nasal tip so they are still visible through the thicker skin.
- Many surgeons use a one-size-fits-all approach for rhinoplasty, creating similar results for all their patients. Dr. Malhotra always personalizes his surgeries, creating unique noses that complement other facial features. With African American patients, the goal isn’t a Caucasian style nose. We strive to create a nose that honors your heritage and ethnicity while enhancing your facial features.
A typical nose surgery in Ann Arbor, MI lasts between 2-3 hours.
Cosmetic nasal surgery permanently alters the shape and structure of the nose. You’ll enjoy an enhanced appearance and breathing improvements for the rest of your life. Nasal trauma or injury is still possible after rhinoplasty; we encourage patients to use nose protection as needed.
Dr. Malhotra is one of the most requested revision rhinoplasty surgeons in Michigan. His advanced nasal surgery skills enable him to repair complex problems with minimal difficulty.
Recovery is more intense with a more extensive procedure. Some patients receiving a minor tweak are back to life in just 3-7 days while those receiving a more extensive surgery may require 7-9 days for recovery. Tenderness and soreness are very common, along with bruising and swelling. We’ll provide detailed recovery instructions and our best tips for an easier, more comfortable recovery experience.
Dr. Malhotra performs many revision surgeries on the nose, correcting deficiencies from nasal surgeries received with other providers. He is known for his beautiful and natural-looking results.