After having a baby, more sleep isn’t the only thing a mom desires. Many women are disappointed by the appearance of their post-baby bodies and long for a flatter tummy, perkier breasts, and fewer rolls and bulges. We can’t help you with the sleep deprivation, but if you want to restore your body’s appearance after baby, Ann Arbor Plastic Surgery is at the ready. Our mommy makeover combines surgical procedures like the tummy tuck and breast augmentation to return your post-baby body to its former glory.
The Mommy Makeover – Helping Women Restore Their Body After a Baby
Pregnancy is hard on the body. Rapid growth and expansion of the breasts and abdominal area lead to stretched-out skin and laxity. Hormonal changes cause fat to stick around. A mommy makeover is a customized grouping of surgical and non-surgical aesthetic treatments that help women restore their body’s appearance after pregnancy, breastfeeding, and childbirth.
What does a mommy makeover include? It all depends on you. We customize our approach with each patient, focusing on specific areas of concern. Pregnancy always changes the body, but it doesn’t always change everyone in the same ways. A customized approach will target each woman’s trouble spots.
Your mommy makeover may include one or more of the following procedures.
- Breast augmentation: This procedure shapes and augments the breasts by placing a saline or silicone implant into the breast.
- Breast lift: Address post-pregnancy breast sagging with a breast lift, a procedure that removes excess skin and restores a lifted breast appearance.
- Tummy tuck: A tummy tuck tightens the abdominal muscles and removes excess skin and fat from the tummy area.
- Power Tuck: Our Power Tuck offers 360-degree enhancement to the midsection. This procedure creates a smaller and tighter waist than many women enjoyed pre-pregnancy.
- Liposuction: Remove stubborn fat with liposuction, a versatile body shaping procedure that can produce excellent outcomes from head to toe.
- Labiaplasty: Address pregnancy and age-related changes to the labia with labiaplasty.
What to Expect During Mommy Makeover Recovery
A mommy makeover combines surgical treatments to reduce downtime. While you heal from your tummy tuck, you can also bounce back from labiaplasty or breast surgery. When patients recover from multiple procedures simultaneously, they require significantly less downtime than if they had these procedures performed separately.
Your surgeon will be able to give you a better idea of what to expect during your recovery time. Most women need about four to six weeks before they can return to full activity. Plan on taking about two weeks off from work and slowly building up to more strenuous activities as you heal.
Many of our mommy makeover patients have young children at home and worry about child care. Ask your surgeon about quick recovery techniques when planning your surgery. Advanced surgical techniques can reduce downtime, allowing you to get back to life sooner and minimizing the need for outside child care while your body heals. While you will likely need some initial help with very young children, some recovery techniques can minimize your downtime.
Learn More About a Mommy Makeover in Michigan
Stretch marks and saggy breasts don’t have to be part of a post-baby body. With a mommy makeover, you can love your babies and your body. Call Ann Arbor Plastic Surgery at (734) 913-5100 to schedule your consultation with Dr. Malhotra or Dr. Ballard.