Double board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Pramit Malhotra is among the finest Michigan plastic surgeons, delivering safe, exceptional results — with a compassionate bedside manner. He serves as the director of Ann Arbor Plastic Surgery, which provides care for women and men in Ann Arbor, Jackson, Detroit, and other parts of Michigan. He is one of a select few plastic surgeons who are double board-certified in plastic surgery and otolaryngology.
To become a plastic surgeon in Michigan, Dr. Malhotra underwent an educational path that required 11 years of training. Throughout his career, he has performed more than 6,000 procedures. Dr. Malhotra has been inducted into the American Society of Plastic Surgeons as an honorary member.
The essence of Dr. Malhotra’s surgical philosophy is captured by his practice motto: “Beauty Revealed.” As one of the most accessible Michigan plastic surgeons, he listens carefully to his patients and then customizes each procedure according to their underlying framework and surgical goals. His primary focus is to produce natural-looking, long-lasting results.
Education and Training of Michigan Plastic Surgeon Dr. Malhotra
As one of the most highly regarded plastic surgeons in Michigan, Dr. Malhotra has excelled educationally and professionally. He has conducted and published research at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), which is the world’s largest center for medical research. He also serves as an educator of surgeons in training, a scientific investigator for breast implant outcomes, and an author for a leading website that educates physicians regarding direct medical spas.
To become a plastic surgeon in Michigan, Dr. Malhotra pursued the following education:
- University of Michigan Honors Program, B.S.
- Ohio State College of Medicine, M.D. with Honors
- University of Minnesota Otolaryngology Board Certified
- University of Wisconsin, Plastic Surgery Board Certified
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Plastic Surgery, Michigan State
- Sientra Study Scientific Investigator, Sientra Breast Implant
Advanced Training & CV
Ann Arbor and Jackson, Michigan plastic surgeon Dr. Pramit Malhotra is highly trained and has years of experience including:
Ann Arbor Plastic Surgery
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Department of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
University of Wisconsin Hospitals
Department of Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery
University of Minnesota
Ohio State University College of Medicine
Master of Science in Otolaryngology
University of Minnesota
Bachelor of Science in Biology, Cum laude
University of Michigan
LS&A Honors College
Ann Arbor, Michigan
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Board of Otolaryngology
- Inamed Breast Scholarship
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Midwestern Association of Plastic Surgeons
- First Prize, Basic Science Research Paper
- Synthes Research Grant
- Resident Rhinoplasty Primer
- Albert Hohmann Research Award
- University of Minnesota
- Department of Head & Neck Surgery
- Letter of Commendation – Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Inductee – Landacre Society
- Honorary Scholastic & Research Society
- Golden Key National Collegiate Honor Society
- American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Michigan Medical Association
- Head & Neck Surgery Branch, NIDCD
- National Institutes of Health
- Bethesda, Maryland
- Research Tutorial Fellowship
- National Institute on Deafness & Communication Disorders
- Bethesda, Maryland
- Biomedical Research Fellowship
- University of Michigan Medical School
- Orthopaedic Research Laboratories
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Volunteer Surgeon
University of Michigan Medical Mission
La Ceiba, Honduras
- Volunteer Surgeon
- Education Committee Member
American Academy of Otolaryngology
Resident & Fellows section
- Project Love Childhood Immunization Program
- Tutor, Project Literacy Program
- Malhotra, PS, Danahey D, Sidman JS. Bilateral lateral rhinotomy incisions in the management of pediatric fungal sinusitis. Laryngoscope November 2001; 1960-64.
- Malhotra, PS, Danahey D, Hilger P. Botox injections in the management of hyperfunctional facial lines. In: Meyers A, Otolaryngology & Facial Plastic Surgery. E-Medicine online textbook, 2001.
- Malhotra, PS. Posterior semicircular canal occlusion for intractable BPPV. In: Haberman R, Mastoid and Middle Ear Surgery, 2003.
- Sinard RJ, Tobin EJ, Schuller DS, Mazzaferri EL, Malhotra, PS et al. Hypothyroidism after treatment for non-thyroid head and neck cancer. Arch of Otol May 2000;126:652-7.
- Malhotra, PS. A checklist for health care reform. New Physician April 1993:42:11.
- Zhong Chen, Malhotra, PS, Giovana R. Thomas, et al. Expression of proinflammatory and proangiogenic cytokines in patients with head and neck cancer. Cancer Research June 1999;5:1369-79.
- Malhotra, PS, Malekfzali A, Bonner RF, et al. Assessment of gene expression in head and neck carcinoma using laser capture microdissection and real-time reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction. Laryngoscope December 2004;114(12):2123-28.
- Malhotra, PS, Chen Z, Geogheghan J, Gill R, VanWaes C. A NF-kappa B proteosome inhibitor, PS-341, reduces tumor volume in vivo in mice via decreased IL-8 expression. AAO-HNS annual meeting; San Diego, CA. September 2002.
- Malhotra, PS, Chen Z, Malekfzali A, Bonner B, VanWaes C. Laser capture microdissection of human head and neck squamous cell carcinomas. 105th Annual Meeting of Trilogical Society, Boca Raton, FL. May 12-14, 2002.
- Malhotra, PS, Dillworth HP, Adams GL. Surgery in conjunction with radiation for inflammatory pseudotumors of the head and neck. AAO-HNS annual meeting; Denver, CO. September 9-12, 2001.
- Malhotra, PS, Loder RT. Histological changes in a carbon monoxide induced scoliosis model in mice. National Student Research Forum; Galveston, TX; April 1995.
- Sinard RJ, Tobin EJ, Schuller DS, Mazzaferri EL, Malhotra, PS et al. Hypothyroidism after treatment for non-thyroid head and neck cancer. Landacre Society Research Day; Columbus, OH. June 1996.
- Kim SH, Madden C, Bartkowski H, Kosnik E, Malhotra, PS. Revision of ventricular catheter obstruction with bugbie wire: retrospective review at two year follow-up. Congress of Neurological Surgeons 26th annual meeting. New Orleans, Louisiana; Dec 2-5, 1997.
- Malhotra, PS, Danahey D, Sidman J. Bilateral lateral rhinotomy incisions in the management of pediatric invasive fungal sinusitis. Trilogical Society-Middle Section; Chicago, IL. January 19-21, 2001.
- Chen Z, Malhotra, PS, Colon I, et al. Expression of proinflammatory and proangiogenic cytokines in human head and neck cancer patients. Head Neck 20:450, 1998.
- Malhotra, PS. Resident Rhinoplasty Primer. University Records. 2006.
- Malhotra, PS. Inferior turbinate reduction complications: A meta-analysis. Midwestern Association of Plastic Surgeons;Chicago, IL. April 2005.
- Malhotra, PS. Plastic surgery training: a self assessment model. Midwestern Association of Plastic Surgeons:Chicago, IL. April 2006.
Philanthropy and Personal Life
Dr. Malhotra believes in a balanced practice that performs cosmetic surgery and reconstructive surgery for patients in need. Although he specializes in cosmetic surgery, each year he performs over 150 facial reconstructive surgeries for patients who have lost part of their facial tissue to cancer or trauma.
Dr. Malhotra has participated in and helped fund a volunteer educational mission to Nicaragua, which focuses not only on performing surgery, but on educating local surgeons to provide care throughout the year.
- Volunteer Surgeon, University of Michigan Medical Mission, La Ceiba, Honduras
- Volunteer Surgeon, Nicaplast Foundation, Leon, Nicaragua
Plastic surgeon Dr. Malhotra lives in Ann Arbor, Michigan, with his wife, twin children, and their beloved Australian shepherd. He enjoys practicing yoga, skiing, and indulging his sweet tooth.
Dr. Malhotra is more than just a plastic surgeon serving his Michigan patients; he is a student of the arts as well. Recently, he completed a sculpting class, the results of which reside in an encasement in the Ann Arbor office. A bit of mystery surrounds that sculpture. In fact, Dr. Malhotra believes that located somewhere within it is his lost wedding ring, evidence of how much he “gets into” his art. As usual, his wife remains unimpressed.
Dr. Malhotra’s Awards & Honors
Dr. Malhotra has been recognized by his patients as one of the top Michigan plastic surgeons, as well as receiving the Best of Ann Arbor for Four Consecutive Years for cosmetic surgery. Dr. Malhotra has been an advocate of patient education and has received a letter of recognition for his contributions to patient education by Emedicine.com. He has published articles that have been read internationally by his peers. Dr. Malhotra’s patients know him as a physician who listens very closely to his patient’s goals, minimizes recovery time, and provides elegant results.
To speak with Michigan plastic surgeon Dr. Malhotra about how he can help you achieve your goals, request a consultation, or call our Jackson office at (517) 789-9800 or our Ann Arbor office at (734) 913-5100. Dr. Malhotra is committed to “beauty revealed,” seeing his patients for who they are and who they can be.
Realself Top Contributor
Best of Ann Arbor for Four Consecutive Years
Best of Washtenaw
Hour Magazine Best in Michigan
Midwestern Association of Plastic Surgeons – First Prize
Inamed Breast Scholar